Deathmas Day Two: Old-School Death Metal

I could be a lazy fuck and use the same introduction I used yesterday... but I'm afraid some of you may not know it. The idea is the same. Since we're approaching the 1 year mark (it might be today, I don't know), I thought it'd be nice to make two big posts for both Christmas days. Today we're dealing with the Old-School side of Death, since yesterday I finished the subgenres.

.1: The Autopsy Chapter
Autopsy have a certain style of rotting Death metal mixed with Doom moments that got me since the first time I listened to them. I know most of you will probably be dissapointed that Mental Funeral isn't here, but I simply haven't listened to it yet. Anyway, these two records have the same style as the other albums I posted a while ago, so enjoy.

1. Autopsy - Tourniquets, Hacksaws and Graves

2. Autopsy - Skull Grinder

.2: The Grave Chapter
Grave is another band I haven't touched until recently, but when I heard these two albums I knew I had to post them here. In my opinion, Out Of Respect For The Dead is a bit better than Into The Grave, but both are great.

3. Grave - Into The Grave

4. Grave - Out Of Respect For The Dead

.3: The Echelon Chapter
When you put together 5 Death metal masters and have them assembly line music, what can go wrong? In this case, absolutely nothing. These two albums are unbelievably good, the great solos being the ones that stand out thye most.

5. Echelon - Indulgence over Abstinence Behind the Obsidian Veil

6. Echelon - The Brimstone Aggrandizement

.4: The Random Chapter

7. Obituary - World Demise
Have you ever listened to Obituary? If you have, you mostly know what lies under World Demise's artwork. This album is a very fast and furious record, featuring some weird-ass effects and an outro I still can't fully explain.

Obituary - World Demise

8. Asphyx - The Rack
Incoming Death is definetly one of the best albums released in 2016, and the band's debut record brings back everything you loved here. It's all here, the fast Death parts, the rotting Doom moments, the brilliant vocals, the great songs, all morphing into the majestically brytalo storm that is Asphyx.

Asphyx - The Rack

.5: The Similar Chapter
To be honest, I've worked my mind for the past days trying to figure out something special about each album in this chapter, but all I managed to find was ONE defining quality for all these albums, and that is being incredible OSDM albums. Anyway, I figured it would be a bit boring for you to read that 7 times until the end of the article, so I filed them all under this criteria.

9. Entombed - Clandestine

10. Avulsed - Eminence in Putrescence

11. Sentient Horror - Ungodly Forms

12. Massacre - From Beyond

13. Vader - Welcome to the Morbid Reich

14. Benediction - The Grand Leveller

15. Deteriorot - In Ancient Beliefs

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals. And a happy New Year.

2 comentarii: